We’ve made a quick and convenient recipe for you to mix our Organic Henna Powder into a smooth and luxurious henna paste with only 3 ingredients. Well, 4 if you count water too! Here's what you'll need:
- Measuring cup
- Large mixing bowl
- Electric mixer
- Plastic Cling wrap
- Non reinforced toe nylon sock
- Large glass/cup/container
- Piping bag
- bag clip
100 grams Organic Mocha Henna Powder
50 grams (1/4 cup) white granulated sugar
30 ml (1 ounce) essential oil (eucalyptus, lavender or tea tree are our personal faves!)
250 ml (1 cup) of warm tap water (you may substitute lemon juice or tea, but these do not necessarily give a better stain).
Mix all of the above ingredients in a large bowl.
- Gently mix all the ingredients together with a spatula. It will look like a gooey and clumpy mixture at first.
Use an electric mixer on high speed for 4-5 minutes to blend all the ingredients well and to save hand ache!
- After using the mixer, the paste will be semi smooth and may still have some clumpy bits. Don't worry if your paste isn't completely smooth yet.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and place in the oven with the oven light turned on. Place the bowl away from the light bulb in the oven in case the heat is too strong. Leave the mixture over night for 12 hours.
After 12 hours, the henna paste should have developed a brownish-green layer on top. The dark layer indicates that "dye-release" has occurred. This fancy term is a fancy way of saying the henna paste is prepared and ready to be used. Use a spoon to uncover a bright green layer below.
Give the paste another mix with an electric mixer for 4-5 mins (or more). This will create a whipped like consistency which will make for a silky and aerated paste.
- Place a piping bag in a large cup. Insert a nylon sock inside the piping bag and fold the nyon over the sides of the cup. Pour the henna paste mixture into the nylon sock.
- Uncling the sock from the cup. Gather the piping bag and sock together from the top and twist to secure the bag.
- With one hand, tightly hold the top of the piping bag. With the other hand, slowly pull the nylon sock out of the piping bag.
- Once the henna paste is strained, use a bag clip to secure the piping pag at the top. Cut a small opening at the end of the piping bag to fill your henna cones with!
Yields approximately 20-22 henna cones; weighing about 20 grams each.